Delhi woman arrested in Punjab for tearing off clothesJune 24th, 2008 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
Bathinda (Punjab), June 24 (IANS) A woman was arrested here Tuesday after she tore off her clothes in front of the district police chief’s office to press her demand for action on her complaint. The police registered a case of obscenity against Pinky, a Delhi resident, and arrested her.
Pinky had earlier created a flutter outside the office of the district police chief, alleging that the police were not taking action on her complaint that her minor daughter Jyoti was being forcibly kept by a Bathinda resident.
But Jyoti, who reached the spot, said the woman was her step-mother who was creating a scene to get her back and sell her to someone. Jyoti said Pinky had sold her several times.
Jyoti, who works for an orchestra group, said Pinky was creating a scene as she had stopped giving her money.
Police officials said they would investigate if Pinky had actually sold Jyoti earlier.
- New case filed against Pinki Pramanik - Jul 13, 2012
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Pinki alleges harassment in police custody (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Now, Pinki faces land scam charge - Jul 11, 2012
- Woman molested for spurning Trinamool, tries suicide - Apr 18, 2012
- Pinki released from jail, alleges being framed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Pinki case: Human rights group demands statement from Mamata - Jul 11, 2012
- Pinki: I was treated like animal, blackmailed - Jul 11, 2012
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- MMS showing Pinki undergoing gender test goes viral online - Jul 02, 2012
- Woman in Kolkata alleges rape by tenants - May 19, 2012
- Dalit woman paraded naked in Punjab, one held - Aug 16, 2010
- Court asks for West Bengal report on Pinki probe - Jul 06, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Youth arrested for blackmailing, raping minor - Aug 07, 2012