Delhi University students march against corruptionJuly 27th, 2011 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Around 500 students from the Delhi University Wednesday took out a protest march on the north campus against corruption and demanded a strong Lokpal bill, said an organiser.
The protest was organised by Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student outfit affiliated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, and was joined by students from various colleges from the South Campus.
“It’s high time that (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi…learnt her lessons. We are all together against corruption and will fight till the end,” ABVP’s national convener Sunil Bansal told IANS.
“We want a strong Lokpal bill to tackle corruption,” he added.
The students were seen holding banners and posters denouncing the government and corruption. They shouted slogans against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi.
The march started from Kranti Chowk in Maurice Nagar and concluded at the Faculty of Arts.
The students group warned the government of intensifying the protest from Aug 9 if it did not take any substantial action against corruption.
“We want the Lokpal bill to be passed. If that does not happen, we will restart our agitation from Aug 9 and will protest all over India,” said Shreerang Kulkerni, national secretary of the ABVP.
- ABVP to protest against corruption July 27 - Jul 22, 2011
- ABVP slams Chidambaram for defending Ramdev crackdown - Jun 09, 2011
- I support Anna Hazare: Achuthanandan - Aug 16, 2011
- Tighten security for DU polls, says Delhi BJP - Sep 12, 2012
- Anna helps ABVP defeat NSUI in Delhi varsity polls - Sep 10, 2011
- Hazare's crusade gets mass support in Himachal - Apr 08, 2011
- Beef festival turns Osmania into battlefied, student stabbed - Apr 16, 2012
- ABVP activists baton-charged - Aug 09, 2011
- Action at Ramdev meeting undemocratic: Naveen Patnaik - Jun 05, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi faces protests in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 11, 2011
- Delhi University all set for polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- Government's Lokpal bill is useless: Anna - Dec 22, 2011
- ABVP workers hurl eggs at Mirwaiz's vehicle in Kolkata - Nov 28, 2010
- ABVP protests commercialisation of education in Ahmedabad - Sep 16, 2010
- DUSU polls end, results on Saturday (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: abvp, agitation, bansal, chowk, congress president sonia gandhi, convener, corruption, delhi university, faculty of arts, high time, manmohan, manmohan singh, national secretary, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, protest march, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, slogans, students group, sunil