Delhi to recruit 14,000 school teachersMay 8th, 2011 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Sunday 14,000 new posts of school teachers have been created in a bid to ensure proper implementation of the Right to Education Act in the national capital.
“This will also go a long way in enhancing job opportunities,” she told a public rally in west Delhi’s Tri Nagar area.
“A number of new universities have also been commissioned and a separate Women’s Technical University would be commissioned soon,” added the chief minister.
“The gains of development have percolated to all parts of the city. No colony or area will remain deprived of the benefit of development,” she said.
On the public distribution system (PDS), Dikshit said: “The government is going to implement a new scheme under pilot project to overcome deficiencies in present PDS where the vulnerable sections of the society will be provided cash assistance in lieu of PDS ration.”
“We are also set to commence work on the 750 MW Bamnauli Power Project. The power generation from Bawana has started,” she added.
- Delhi to get new gas-based power plant - Feb 14, 2011
- Delhi to start gas-based power project - Sep 13, 2010
- Delhi Cabinet gives nod to gas-based Bamnauli power project - Sep 13, 2010
- Delhi Cabinet eases process for release of monthly pensions - Dec 06, 2010
- Delhi to soon be power-surplus state: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2010
- Dangling wires in old Delhi will be removed: Dikshit - Jul 01, 2011
- Bawana plant delayed due to Delhi government's laxity: CAG - Aug 06, 2011
- No power shortage during Commonwealth Games: Dikshit - Mar 13, 2010
- Poor want ration, not cash: Activists - Jun 15, 2012
- No shortage of power during Games: Dikshit - Sep 16, 2010
- Leakages to be plugged before food security implemented - Jun 10, 2012
- No power scarcity in Delhi: Dikshit - Sep 16, 2010
- Delhi leading the way in combating climate change: Dikshit - Feb 21, 2011
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
- Bhagidari will be introduced if Congress wins: Dikshit - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: bawana, benefit, cash assistance, chief minister, deficiencies, education act, job opportunities, mw, New Delhi, pilot project, power generation, proper implementation, public distribution system, public rally, school teachers, sheila dikshit, universities, vulnerable sections, west delhi