Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expoApril 4th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) From clothing lines to home furnishings to accessories - more than 100 Pakistani companies are set to showcase their exquisite collections at a four-day Lifestyle Pakistan exhibition, the first such to be held here from April 12. Participants hope it will boost trade between the two nations.
Jointly organised by the Indian and Pakistani, Lifestyle Pakistan will be held at the Pragati Maidan exhibition grounds. Apart from the exhibition, four fashion shows by Pakistan’s textile and design houses will be featured, a statement said.
Some of the names to participate are ace designers Sahar Atif, Deepak Perwani, Kamiar Rokni, Faiza Samee, Maheen Khan, Rizwan Beyg, Maria B and Nilofer Shahid.
“For the project, I have taken on the responsibility of styling the collection for the runway at Lifestyle Pakistan. I will present free flowing fabric drapes frequently seen on the runway at many Pakistan Fashion Design Council fashion weeks,” Atif told IANS on the phone from Lahore.
Muhammad Kashif Ashfaq, CEO of Chenab group, a leading textile group of Pakistan, feels the event will boost sub-continental trade ties.
“Lifestyle Pakistan will offer an opening for Pakistani products to enter in India. The objective of the Lifestyle Pakistan exhibition is not only to introduce high quality Pakistani products infused with rich culture to the Indian business community, but also provide top Pakistani government officials with a platform to meet Indian authorities and discuss trade-related issues,” Ashfaq told IANS from Lahore.
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistani designers take back bagfuls of business - and memories - Apr 16, 2012
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Incredible India' luring fashion world with business sense: Pakistani designer (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Lifestyle Pakistan aims at direct India-Pakistan trade - Apr 10, 2012
- Style, business, charity at Karachi fashion week (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 08, 2010
- One-stop shop for Pakistani designers now in India - Sep 11, 2012
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- Pakistan fashion fraternity eyes franchises, collaborations in India - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Lahore fashion week a befitting reply to terrorists' - Feb 21, 2010
- Ali Zafar mesmerises fans in true Bollywood style - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Not enough tourists to appreciate fashion in Pakistan'(With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- 750 Pakistanis in Delhi, fashioning way ahead in ties - Apr 14, 2012
- Fashion, frolic, business at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 28, 2011
- Pakistan commerce minister to visit India - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: ashfaq, chenab, clothing lines, deepak perwani, design houses, exhibition grounds, exquisite collections, fashion design, fashion shows, fashion weeks, indian authorities, kashif, maheen khan, pakistan fashion, pakistani government, pragati maidan exhibition, rizwan beyg, samee, textile group, trade ties