Delhi to have two more BRT corridorsJanuary 20th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) Delhi will have two more Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridors before the Commonwealth Games 2010 to decongest traffic, an official said Tuesday.Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely and transport department officials held a meeting and cleared the two project proposals.
“The new corridors would be constructed between Karawal Nagar and the Commonwealth Games (CWG) village site (12 km) and from Moolchand Hospital to Jahangir Puri area (28 km),” the official added.
“The Karawal Nagar corridor was earlier proposed till Shastri Park but now has been extended till the 2010 CWG villages site,” the official said.
“We have received a clear direction to prepare a project report and a feasibility report as soon as possible. Both the corridors are to be completed before the Games,” the official further said.
The existing BRT corridor between Ambedkar Nagar and Delhi Gate faced a controversy when it was opened last year as it created confusion among road users.
- Delhi bus corridor concept not bad: Court - Sep 10, 2012
- Will move apex court over bus corridor: Dikshit - Jul 17, 2012
- Retain trial-run set-up on BRT corridor, orders court - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi government to study bus corridor report by July 23 (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Delhi government slams critical report on bus corridor (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi government on bus corridor - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Conduct fresh study on bus corridor' - Mar 15, 2012
- Court restores transit corridor's lane to buses - Sep 11, 2012
- Government reply sought on plea over bus corridor - Jan 19, 2012
- Road caves in on BRT corridor, two injured (Lead) - Aug 02, 2009
- Bus corridor case sent to new high court bench - Sep 03, 2012
- Court wants government study on bus corridor - Mar 07, 2012
- Retain trial-run set-up on Delhi bus corridor: Court (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Delhi government slams critical report on bus corridor - Jul 23, 2012
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
Tags: ambedkar, brt, bus rapid transit, chief minister, commonwealth games 2010, confusion, controversy, corridors, cwg, department officials, feasibility report, New Delhi, project proposals, road users, sheila dikshit, traffic, transport department, transport minister