Delhi to get 3,125 new busesAugust 25th, 2008 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) The Delhi cabinet Monday gave its nod for purchase of 1,250 low-floor CNG AC buses and 1,875 CNG low-floor non-AC buses and directed the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) to initiate negotiations for acquiring these buses.The decision has been taken so as to augment intra-service bus fleet of the DTC.
The cabinet also gave a green signal for re-development of DTC depots and terminals as per the recommendation of the Master Plan 2021.
“The depots would be re-developed to facilitate construction of multi-storeyed parking facility for buses and commercial development. It would reduce the DTC’s dependence on government and would also help the corporation to take up further improvement in the city transport and passenger amenities without any support from the government,” said a Delhi government spokesperson.
The process of re-development would be initiated from Vasant Vihar depot.
The cabinet also approved creation of 1,040 posts including 160 posts of officers of Delhi Judicial Service and other posts of ancillary staff in different scales for Dwarka and Saket district courts with an aim to overcome the problem of pendency and smooth functioning of judicial system.
- Delhi bus fares may be hiked - Jan 03, 2012
- Millennium Park bus depot - courtesy Games - Oct 01, 2010
- Cluster bus service launched in Delhi - May 05, 2011
- 107 low floor buses flagged off in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Low-floor buses bought at high cost: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- Zipping through flyovers, Metro: Delhi reaps CWG legacy (Year after CWG) - Sep 30, 2011
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi to soon be power-surplus state: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2010
- Bus fires send Delhi government into tizzy - Dec 03, 2009
- Delhi gets CNG-electric hybrid buses - Sep 18, 2010
- 200 low floor DTC buses launched - May 02, 2010
- More Bluelines going out, private low-floors being introduced - Dec 28, 2010
- Delhi women to get free bus ride on Bhai Duj - Nov 06, 2010
- Bus fare hiked in capital, Delhiites upset (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2009