Delhi to enforce NSA to bring normalcy: DikshitJanuary 9th, 2009 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) The Delhi government will be enforcing the National Security Act to bring normalcy in fuel and food supplies, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Friday after an urgent cabinet meeting to discuss the worsening situation in the national capital following a strike by oil company officers and truckers.Senior officers of Delhi Police and oil companies also attended the meeting.
The chief secretary has been instructed to review the situation on a daily basis.
Dikshit also instructed Delhi Police to allow those vehicles to enter that are waiting at the inter-state border loaded with oil and other petroleum products for Delhi. The truckers have been on strike since the past five days, while the public sector oil company employees have been agitating for the third day.
She also requested Delhiites to make judicious use of and conserve resources, which have been affected due to the strike.
“She also requested people to avoid unnecessary travel and not spread panic in any case,” a government official said.
Dikshit stated that her government would not hesitate to take any measure to overcome the situation.
The Delhi government has clamped the Essential Services Maintenance Act on striking truckers and oil sector employees.
- Yamuna crosses danger mark - Aug 17, 2011
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- We will miss Sreedharan's services: Dikshit - Dec 28, 2011
- Working women have to be provided safety: Dikshit - Jul 15, 2011
- Dikshit wants inverter-free Delhi - Sep 29, 2010
- 400 outlets to sell onions at Rs.40 a kg in Delhi - Dec 23, 2010
- Yamuna continues to flow above danger level in Delhi - Aug 18, 2011
- Delhi's per-capita income three times the national average - Apr 27, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 55 lives - Dec 28, 2011
- April 14, 16 declared holidays in Delhi - Apr 11, 2011
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Major steps will be taken to make Delhi safe: Dikshit - Dec 13, 2010
- Partial response to strike; banking, transport hit (Intro Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Strike evokes partial response; banking, transport hit (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 28, 2012