Delhi student commits suicide over low class 12 marksJune 10th, 2009 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) A student of Modern Public School in Noida allegedly committed suicide after scoring poorly in class 12 board exams, police said Wednesday.
Akshay Rana hanged himself to death in his Mayur Vihar residence in east Delhi Tuesday evening, a police officer said.
“Rana’s parent were not at home when the incident took place. As he did not come out of the room for some time, his younger sister got suspicious and called the neighbours, who broke open the door and found him hanging,” the officer said.
Police recovered a suicide note from the spot.
“The boy wrote that he is committing suicide for he was not able to fulfil his parents dreams. It seems the boy was depressed after he scored low marks in the board exams,” the officer added.
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Man commits suicide after father's scolding - Jan 12, 2011
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Family of three commits suicide in Noida - Dec 27, 2011
- Class 10 student commits suicide - Aug 11, 2010
- Former defence ministry official commits suicide - Mar 04, 2011
- Satyawati College student hangs self in classroom - Feb 04, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Fear of result drives Pakistani boy to shoot self - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi boy commits suicide - May 28, 2012
- Civil services aspirant commits suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Jobless man commits suicide after wife leaves him - Feb 04, 2011
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Man jumps before Metro train, dies (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 06, 2012