Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21February 5th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) A Delhi court Saturday found sufficient evidence to put to trial 13 suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists in the 2008 serial blasts here, in which 26 people were killed. Charges against them would be framed Feb 21.Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann said there was sufficient evidence to put the 13 accused to trial for their alleged involvement in the conspiracy of carrying out the blasts.
She also said that all the 13 suspected accused should be present in court Feb 21 as charges would be framed against them.
The court issued warrants against all the accused to ensure their presence Feb 21. Two of the accused are in Tihar jail here and 11 are in a court in Gujarat in connection with serial blasts in Ahmedabad.
The court earlier discharged accused Salman, saying that there was insufficient evidence against him. The proceedings took place through video conferencing.
All the accused are facing charges under penal provisions including murder, attempt to murder and waging war against the nation, under provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
Four blasts at Connaught Place, Karol Bagh and Greater Kailash shook Delhi Sep 13, 2008, within a span of 31 minutes, killing 26 people and injuring 135 others.
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Court defers framing of charges in 2008 Delhi blasts - Mar 08, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Court defers framing of charges in 2008 Delhi blasts - Jan 17, 2011
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: 11 accused fail to appear in court - Feb 21, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- File charges in 2008 blast case by May 15: Court to police - Apr 17, 2010
- NIA seeks stricter charges against Delhi blast accused - Sep 18, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Batla House shootout: Court paves way for trial (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Music baron Gulshan Kumar murder accused acquitted - Jul 21, 2010
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: connaught place, conspiracy, delhi court, explosive substances, four blasts, gujarat, insufficient evidence, kailash, karol bagh, mujahideen, murder attempt, New Delhi, penal provisions, prevention act, proceedings, santosh, serial blasts, span, video conferencing, warrants