Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custodyJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 2 (IANS) A city court Friday sent Mohammed Saif, one of the accused in the Sep 13 serial bombings in Delhi, to judicial custody till Jan 7.Saif, who was brought to the capital from Jaipur Dec 25, was Friday presented before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja, who sent him to judicial custody.
The court earlier issued warrants for four other accused — Zeeshan, Zia-Ur-Rehman, Mohammed Shakeel and Saquib Nissar — in the Sep 13 serial blasts case to be brought before it Jan 7.
The accused, natives of Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, were arrested from Delhi following a shootout in Jamia Nagar in south Delhi in which two suspected terrorists, Atif Ameen and Sajid, and a police officer were killed six days after the blasts.
The serial bombings in Connaught Place, Karol Bagh and Greater Kailash markets had claimed 26 lives and injured many more. The police last month charged the accused under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosives Substance Act with various offences, including waging war against the state, murder and attempt to murder.
The court on Dec 6 allowed Saif’s custody to be transferred from the Ahmedabad police to the Rajasthan police to help probe his alleged role in the May 13 blasts in Jaipur that left 86 dead.
- One Delhi bombing accused sent to jail, warrant for others - Jan 07, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi blasts: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Feb 18, 2009
- Delhi Police charge five for Greater Kailash blast - Dec 18, 2008
- Court seeks presence of Delhi serial bombing accused - Dec 20, 2008
- Delhi blasts accused sent to jail till Feb 4 - Jan 21, 2009
- Court rejects Delhi blast accused's plea for CDs - Mar 23, 2009
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- Rajasthan Police get custody of Delhi blast accused - Dec 06, 2008
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Suspected terrorist Shaikh sent to police custody - Mar 03, 2009
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Delhi blasts: Suspected terrorists sent to police custody - Feb 02, 2009