Delhi regularises 1,700 daily wage bus conductorsAugust 19th, 2008 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18(IANS) The Delhi government has decided to regularise the services of 1,700 daily wage bus conductors with immediate effect. ”The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) is the backbone of the Capital’s transport system and to facilitate the DTC employees, the government has decided to regularise the 1,700 daily wages conductors with immediate effect,” said Delhi Transport Minister Haroon Yusuf Monday while addressing the DTC Employees Congress here Monday.
Some of these conductors have been with the DTC for the last 18 years. The corporation is currently observing its golden jubilee.
“The government has also decided to promote 564 conductors and 45 drivers as assistant ticketing inspectors after completing the necessary formalities,” Yusuf added.
The transport minister stated that the free DTC bus passes would be issued to all retired DTC employees, besides which medical facilities and promotional avenues would be provided to all categories of DTC employees.
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Three held for selling fake bus passes - May 13, 2011
- Committee to look into DTC workers' welfare - May 18, 2012
- DTC earnings jump 150 percent with traffic police help - Apr 15, 2011
- Ensure safety of women passengers, court to DTC - Mar 05, 2010
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- Women at wheel: New face of Delhi's public transport (With Image) (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 08, 2011
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit - Feb 28, 2012
- It's raining pre-poll bonanza for Punjab staff - Nov 03, 2011
- DTC uses CWG to showcase India's ability to host international mega events - Oct 08, 2010
- DTC officials travel in buses to understand commuter woes - Feb 08, 2010
- Delhi ordered to pay more than Rs.100 crore to Ashok Leyland - May 13, 2011
- Court rejects sacked bus conductor's plea - Apr 04, 2010
- Delhi building collapse: BJP to provide victims free legal aid - Nov 21, 2010