Delhi receives scanty rainfall (Lead)February 10th, 2009 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) After days of dry weather, Delhi Tuesday received scanty rainfall accompanied by cool winds. The weatherman has forecast more rain and thundershowers during the night.
“Delhi received some traces of rainfall around 11 this (Tuesday) morning. A western disturbance passing over the northern region has brought rain to the capital,” said an official at the Safdarjung meteorological office.
He said the rain was scanty and could not be gauged.
The capital did not receive much rain this winter. So far, Delhi has received 5.8 mm of rain compared to last year’s 26.4 mm rain until Feb 10, the official said.
“The rain has come late this year and this has affected temperatures as well,” he added.
The weather department has forecast a cloudy sky with possibility of rain and thundershowers.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 9.4 degrees while maximum temperature settled at 24 degree Celsius Tuesday morning.
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Rain in Delhi, more likely - Sep 04, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Cool day for Delhi, more rain ahead (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Light rains in Delhi, more expected Wednesday - Sep 07, 2011
- Sun shines in Delhi but rains expected - Jul 09, 2010
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Wet Sunday for Delhi, Monday to be dry (Lead) - Feb 20, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Pre-monsoon showers hit Delhi - Jun 26, 2011
- Rain lashes national capital - Feb 16, 2011
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains likely - Sep 07, 2010
- Light showers in parts of Delhi - Jun 25, 2011