Delhi power demand reaches new all-time highJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The searing heat in Delhi once again pushed the ever-rising power demand to a new high of 5,454 megawatts (MW) Monday, power officials said adding that the consumption will cross the projected demand of 5,500 MW.
“Once again the the power demand has broken all the records, peaking at 5,454 MW,” said a power department official.
Monday’s demand surpassed the 5,389 MW demand June 26, which was the 10th time the power demand had surged to a new high in the month of June.
Uncharacteristically, the power demand had crossed 5,000 MW on the last three Saturdays and crossed it on Sunday (July 1) also.
Until now, the highest ever demand had been 5,028 MW in August 2011.
The peak demand for power reached 2,831 MW in 2001 and has continued to increase since then.
In 2012, the projected consumption of power has been pegged at 5,500 MW which seems soon to be crossed.
- Delhi power demand reaches new high - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new high at 5,642 MW - Jul 05, 2012
- Power demand in Delhi reaches all-time high - Jun 22, 2012
- Searing heat pushes power demand in Delhi to new high - Jun 21, 2012
- Delhi's power demand scores to record 5,178 MW - Jun 01, 2012
- Power demand breaks record in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Sweltering Delhi to get monsoon rains this week (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Distcom urges consumers to switch off on Earth Hour - Mar 28, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Delhi sizzles, power demand highest ever (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Efforts on to reduce power outages: Pakistani minister - Jul 11, 2011
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan gets help from US to tackle energy crisis - Jul 18, 2011
- Power crisis will ease, Andhra CM assures industry - Jul 19, 2012