Delhi policeman shot dead by property dealersSeptember 29th, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) A Delhi Police constable was killed when two property dealers he prevented from grabbing land broke into his house and shot him five times, police said Thursday. One of the assailants has been arrested, and a search is on for the other.
Responding to a call around 11.30 p.m. reporting about a quarrel at Nangli Vihar in west Delhi, police found Tanvir, who was posted at Ranhola police Station, lying dead in his one-room accommodation.
It was found that Tanvir returned to his room around 10.30 p.m. after his duty hours.
“After inspection of the scene of crime, it was found that five empty cartridges were lying in the room and there were five bullet marks on Tanvir’s body,” said Additional Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan,
Police formed ten teams and deployed them to crack the murder.
It was found that two property agents, Ravinder and Pradeep Sharma, both residents of village Baprolla, had a grudge against Tanvir as he had prevented them from grabbing the land of the plot owners in the area.
The agents Aug 22 tried to prevent Shyam Bir from constructing a boundary wall on his 50 sq. yard plot, claiming that it was theirs.
However, Tanvir reached the spot and arrested Ravinder for breach of peace, while Pradeep fled from the spot.
The agents planned to take revenge. Finding Tanvir alone in his room Wednesday, they shot him with home-made pistols they had.
Police swung on their trail and managed to arrest Sharma.
“Sharma was arrested from Najafgarh in west Delhi at around 5.45 a.m. Thursday with the weapon of offence,” said Renganathan.
He confessed his involvement in the murder. Ravinder is still on the run.
Tanvir joined Delhi Police in 2003 and was posted to Ranhola two years ago. He is survived by his wife and two children.
- Property dealer held for constable's murder - Oct 05, 2011
- Foreign exchange agent found strangled - Aug 31, 2011
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Two arrested for killing businessman - Jul 08, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Man held for cheating AIIMS nurse - Oct 16, 2011
- Headless body case: Three arrested - Mar 22, 2012
- Pregnant woman abducted,raped; two arrested - Feb 12, 2012
- Man held for land grab in Delhi - Dec 18, 2010
- Three more held for shooting Delhi legislator - Jun 05, 2012
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide four days after marriage - Feb 24, 2012
- Man, two sons held for killing daughter's lover - May 08, 2011
- No clues in elderly Delhi woman's murder - Sep 02, 2012
- Two criminals held in Delhi - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: assailants, bir, boundary wall, breach of peace, commissioner of police, delhi police, grudge, New Delhi, pistols, plot owners, police constable, police station, policeman, pradeep, quarrel, ravinder, room accommodation, scene of crime, tanvir, west delhi