Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxiJune 7th, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) A Delhi Police head constable was killed after a speeding taxi hit him while he was crossing the road in the national capital, police said Thursday.
Ishwar Dayal, 53-year-old resident of Muradnagar in Ghaziabad, was hit around 10.30 p.m. Wednesday at Delhi’s Shastri Park traffic signal.
The policeman was rushed to the Guru Tegh Bahadur (GTB) Hospital where doctors pronounced him dead, an official said.
“Dayal was posted at east Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar police station,” the official added.
The errant driver fled from the spot leaving behind the taxi. A case has been registered against him, said the official.
- Minor speeding on scooter injures cop - Oct 18, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Man electrocuted in east Delhi - Mar 01, 2011
- Boy crushed by bus - Nov 18, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman found killed in her Delhi house, husband suspect - Apr 28, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Woman crushed to death - Jan 17, 2011
- Rapist run over by train, dies - Jan 29, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Man shot over property dispute, two held - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Three held for killing biker - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: capital police, delhi police, doctors, east delhi, gandhi nagar, guru tegh, head constable, ishwar, New Delhi, police head, police said thursday, police station, policeman, shastri, taxi, traffic signal