Delhi policeman killed in road accidentJune 15th, 2012 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) A Delhi Police constable was killed when he was knocked down by a speeding motorcyclist in the capital’s Civil Lines area, police said Friday.
Ram Kewal Yadav, 49, resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, was on his way to work when the accident took place around 7:45 p.m. Thursday. The policeman was posted at Delhi’s north district police lines.
“The motorcyclist, identified as Akram, was also injured in the accident. They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Yadav succumbed to his injuries while Akram is still recuperating,” a police official said.
A case against Akram has been registered and he will be arrested after doctors discharge him from hospital.
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Delhi police constable dies in road accident - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Drunk woman driver kills two, injures four in Mumbai (Lead) - Jan 30, 2010
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Van driver killed in Delhi road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Five Haj pilgrims injured in accident - Nov 25, 2011
- Policeman crushed to death by speeding bus in Noida - Dec 12, 2010