Delhi policeman falls to deathMay 23rd, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) A 43-year-old Delhi Police head constable died of head injuries after falling from the second floor balcony of the police barracks in south Delhi, police said Wednesday.
Vishram Singh Meena was found lying in a pool of blood Wednesday morning. He was taken to a hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Meena had consumed alcohol the night before and was sleeping on the second floor, said a police official.
“His trouser’s zip was open. It seems he had gone to the toilet in the balcony and fallen to the ground,” he said.
Meena, who was from Rajasthan, was attached to Economic Offences Wing and lived in the barracks.
- Policeman found murdered near Metro station - Oct 16, 2011
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Police, army trade charges over Pune fracas (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi Police officer dies in road accident (Lead) - May 27, 2009
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Policeman killed in road accident - Mar 30, 2012
- Teenager sodomises, kills boy in Punjab - Jul 06, 2011
- Two people found dead - Dec 03, 2011
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- One killed in Mumbai balcony collapse - May 02, 2012
- Refused money for liquor, man kills wife - Feb 17, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Army personnel booked for assaulting traffic constable - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Army personnel booked for assaulting traffic constable (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: alcohol, delhi police, doctors, economic offences, floor balcony, head constable, head injuries, meena, New Delhi, old delhi, police head, police official, policeman, pool of blood, south delhi, toilet, wednesday morning