Delhi Police to install security gadgets at business hubsMay 29th, 2009 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Under a public-private initiative, Delhi Police with the help of local business houses and traders’ associations will install high-end cameras and security gadgets at markets and business centres which see footfalls of over 100,000 a day, officials said Friday.
Under the initiative, south Delhi’s Nehru Place business centre, the capital’s biggest IT market, has become the first centre where 32 CCTV cameras have been installed.
“The police, with the help of local business houses and traders associations, has set up high-end cameras at strategic points of the Nehru Place business centre that consists of several multi-storied buildings that see a footfall of over one lakh a day,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Southern Range) Ajai Kashyap told reporters here.
“We are planning to replicate this model at several other markets like Lajpat Nagar, CR Park and Sarojini Nagar,” Kashyap said.
The initiatives have been taken following the Delhi serial blasts last year, which especially targeted crowded markets.
“Crowded business centres like Nehru Place are also vulnerable due to various other reasons, besides the militant threat,” he said.
- Terror bid unveiled, but Delhiites' festive spirits still high - Oct 14, 2011
- Diwali rush, but CCTV, metal detectors don't work in Delhi markets - Oct 14, 2009
- Delhi markets deserted after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Rs.500 crore surveillance system for Bangalore soon - Sep 17, 2011
- Less crowds in Delhi markets amid terror alert - May 02, 2010
- Terror alert holds back weekend shoppers in Delhi (Lead) - May 02, 2010
- Delhi goes into security overdrive after terror alert (Roundup) - May 02, 2010
- More CCTV cameras coming up in Mumbai - May 27, 2011
- Woman dies in wall collapse - Jan 08, 2012
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Computer piracy thrives here, but no complaints! - Mar 28, 2011
- Bag-lifter caught in Delhi shopping mall - Sep 23, 2010
- No headway in Delhi High Court blast case: Pillai - May 28, 2011
- Games' shopping festival to kick off Sep 25 in Delhi - Sep 10, 2010