Delhi Police register fresh case, seek details from DDAJanuary 19th, 2009 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) Delhi Police Monday registered a fresh case against real estate agent Deepak Kumar, who has already been arrested, and sought clarification from the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) about how a flat not included in the scheme was allotted to an applicant.The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) registered the case against Deepak Kumar, who allegedly blew the lid off the fraud after he fell out with a cartel of property dealers, for obtaining two PAN (permanent account number) cards in separate names.
“Deepak has two PAN cards - one in the name of Deepak Kumar and another in the name of Deepak Singh. But details and photograph are same in both,” said Additional Commissioner of Police (EOW) S.B.K. Singh.
“The cards were issued in his name in a short duration of time. We will request the court to extend his remand when we produce him in the court Tuesday,” he added.
Four people, including retired DDA employee M.L. Gautam, have been arrested so far in the DDA flat allotment scam. The EOW is questioning 10 more people.
Asked about the allotment of a flat in east Delhi’s Mayur Vihar area, which was not included in the housing scheme of 2008 but was allotted in the draw of lots held Dec 16, Singh said: “DDA has clarified that there were no irregularities in including the flat in this scheme.”
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- Former official discloses 18 names in DDA housing scam - Jan 22, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- All DDA allottees asked to file details as police probe scam - Jan 21, 2009
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- Former DDA employee got 40 flats, sent to police custody (Lead) - Jan 15, 2009
- Delhi Police make fifth arrest in DDA housing scam - Jan 20, 2009
- Delhi Police provide IDs to senior citizens - Sep 04, 2012
- We want to get to bottom of DDA scam: Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- One more arrested in DDA housing scam (Lead) - Jan 11, 2009
- Delhi Police make sixth arrest in DDA housing scam - Jan 23, 2009