Delhi Police official’s daughter found burnt for dowryApril 2nd, 2009 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 2 (IANS) The daughter of a Delhi Police sub-inspector was allegedly burnt alive by her in-laws in Ghaziabad Thursday for not getting dowry, her family members said. The police are investigating the case.
Babli, 26, - daughter of Delhi Police sub-inspector Atar Singh - was married to Dev Raj on June 18, 2004. While Atar Singh’s family stayed at Indirapuri colony in Loni, Dev Raj lived at Balramnagar in the same area.
On Thursday morning, the police were informed that Babli was lying dead in her husband’s house with extensive burns. Babli’s parents were also informed and reached the spot.
Babli’s husband and in-laws were missing from the house when the police reached.
Babli’s brother Rishi Raj said his sister was constantly harassed by her in-laws for dowry.
He said Babli had been turned out of her husband’s house many times in the past to bring money and various articles from her father. She had called her father Wednesday night and told him that her in-laws were conspiring to kill her, he said.
Babli’s father filed a complaint at the Loni police station but the police were yet to register a case till Thursday night.
However, senior officials assured the fanmily and media that the police were taking action.
“We are looking out for the girl’s husband and his family. They would be taken to task. The matter is under investigation,” Anant Dev, the superintendent of police (city), said.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- Woman burnt to death in Greater Noida - Aug 09, 2010
- Two Goa cops booked for dowry-related harassment - Jun 16, 2011
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011