Delhi police officer diesMarch 29th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) A 25-year-old Delhi police commando died after his AK-47 accidentally went off in Vasant Vihar area of south Delhi Sunday, police said.
“The deceased commando Anil Kumar died while he was checking his AK-47 before handing it over to his colleague as his duty was getting over. Three bullets were fired,” a police officer said.
“He was taken to the Trauma Centre at All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he was declared dead. He was deployed with Vajra (anti-riot control vehicle of Delhi Police),” the officer said.
Kumar was a native of Rewari in Haryana.
- Police officer shoots self, dies - May 09, 2012
- Haryana policeman shoots self - May 02, 2012
- 25-year-old man shot dead in Vasant Vihar - May 09, 2011
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- Accidentally fired bullet injures Delhi Police constable - Mar 18, 2012
- Three booked for killing hair-stylist - Sep 12, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Youth found hanging in Gurgaon mall - Jun 19, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Chhattisgarh lawmaker's driver held with AK-47 in Orissa - Sep 15, 2011
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast - Mar 22, 2012
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- IFFCO chief Jakhar dies of bullet injuries (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Uneasy calm after Delhi violence, 22 detained (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012