Delhi Police make fifth arrest in DDA housing scamJanuary 20th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday arrested a direct selling agent for opening a bank account on forged papers to provide Rs.900,000 to one of the accused arrested for irregularities in the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat allotment.“We have arrested Dinesh Dral from Dwarka for allegedly opening a bank account in the name of Rajiv on fake papers. From that account, Dral gave two cheques of Rs.450,000 each to accused Dinesh Kumar,” said a police officer.
“Though we have not found Dral’s links with the DDA scam, he was arrested for opening the bank account on forged papers,” the officer added.
Deepak Kumar, who allegedly blew the lid off the scam after he fell out with some fellow real estate agents, and three others - retired DDA employee M.L. Gautam, real estate agent Raju Ram and Laxmi Narayan Meena - have already been arrested.
Delhi Police’s Economic Offences Wing (EOW), probing the scam in the allotment of over 5,000 dwellings, Monday registered two fresh cases against Deepak Kumar for obtaining two PAN (permanent account number) cards in separate names.
The draw for flats, which are priced between Rs.700,000 to Rs.7.7 million, took place Dec 16. Delhi Police started investigations after a man who was allotted a flat in the draw told the police that he had neither applied for a DDA flat nor had a PAN card.
- Delhi Police make sixth arrest in DDA housing scam - Jan 23, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- All DDA allottees asked to file details as police probe scam - Jan 21, 2009
- Former official discloses 18 names in DDA housing scam - Jan 22, 2009
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- Police arrest mall owner in DDA housing scandal (Lead) - Apr 28, 2009
- Police arrest mall cashier in DDA housing scandal (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Court sends two DDA scam accused to police custody - Jan 20, 2009
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- Delhi Police questioning two more people in DDA flat scam - Jan 17, 2009
- Non-bailable warrants against two in DDA allotment scam - Jan 28, 2009
- We want to get to bottom of DDA scam: Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- Delhi Police register fresh case, seek details from DDA - Jan 19, 2009