Delhi Police launch parallel probe against Ahmedabad conmanJune 3rd, 2009 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) Delhi Police have registered a case of cheating against a quack, arrested in Ahmedabad for allegedly duping people to the tune of millions of rupees, as complaints of cheating poured in from across the national capital too.
The Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police’s Crime Branch is investigating the matter.
“We registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Ashok Jadeja Tuesday as many people approached us with similar complaints,” said a police official
“We have now launched investigations and, if necessary, we will send our team to Gujarat for further investigations and seek his remand from the police there,” said the officer.
The Gujarat police Crime Branch had arrested Jadeja in Ahmadabad May 31. They had been looking for Jadeja for six months following an alert from the Rajasthan police after members of the Sansi community filed complaints against him in Jodhpur district.
According to police, Jadeja would first take money from gullible people and return thrice the amount to win their confidence, saying this was possible due to his divine powers.
Many villagers shelled out huge amounts of money and Jadeja began getting money from people even in the Middle East.
Delhi Police said people from the national capital too had gone to Gujarat after they heard Jadeja would double their investment.
- Conman held with Rs.1.9 crore in cash - May 31, 2009
- Gujarat conman, his devotees to face income tax scrutiny - Jun 04, 2009
- Woman posing as PMO official arrested - Jan 25, 2012
- Conman dupes by posing as cop, held - Jun 19, 2012
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Groom stranded as bride flees with money - Sep 03, 2012
- Conmen held in Delhi for bid to dupe northeast legislators - Jun 14, 2012
- Lottery scam: Five foreigners sent to judicial custody - Jul 17, 2012
- Three held for conning people on mobile towers - Jun 22, 2012
- Gujarat conman's relative detained for questioning - Jun 07, 2009
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.100 crore untraced - Dec 29, 2010
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Step-father arrested for torturing three-year-old - Feb 25, 2012
- Accountant, wife booked for fraud - Jun 16, 2012
- 95-year-old duped of over Rs.22 lakh - Oct 08, 2011