Delhi Police join Noida double murder probeMay 21st, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi/Noida, May 21 (IANS) A team of Delhi Police’s Crime Branch investigators Wednesday joined the probe into the gruesome twin killings teenager Arushi Talwar and her family’s domestic help Hemraj in Noida, the capital’s suburb in adjoining Uttar Pradesh. “We have sent a team to Noida to probe the double murder on the request of the Uttar Pradesh police,” a Delhi Police official said.
A team of Delhi sleuths, headed by Assistant Commissioner of Police (Interstate Cell and Special Investigation Team) Joy Tirkey, carried out an inspection of the Jalvayu Vihar home in Sector 25, where the killings took place. A team of Uttar Pradesh’s Special Task Force (STF) is investigating the murders that have baffled the police.
Fifteen-year-old Arushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School (Noida), was found dead with her throat slit and multiple stab injuries on her face, chest and neck when her father is said to have opened her bedroom door at their home early Friday morning.
The teenager, the only daughter of a dentist couple, reportedly had dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her room in the three-bedroom apartment.
The Uttar Police earlier suspected family domestic help Hemraj and even announced a reward for his arrest. But a day later, the case took a murkier turn when the police discovered his body on the house’s terrace.
The police have so far interrogated nearly two dozen people and claim that investigations were on the right track. Noida’s Senior Superintendent of Police A. Satish Ganesh said the police were on the brink of cracking the case.
While the Talwars’ former servant Vishnu is a key suspect, Arushi’s parents are also under the scanner as discrepancies were found in their statements, police sources said.
Earlier Wednesday, Arushi’s father Rajesh Talwar, who has so far kept himself away from the media, in his first public reaction since the killings came to light, said: “I have no idea who killed my daughter and I have nothing do with the murder.”
- Aarushi murder scene was dressed up, says CBI closure report - Jan 01, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- CBI tags Arushi murder as unsolved, seeks to close case - Dec 29, 2010
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Talwar stable after surgery, say doctors - Jan 28, 2011
- Talwar's attacker blames his 'emotional weakness' for assault - Jan 26, 2011
- 'Uttar Pradesh Police investigation was professional' - Feb 09, 2011
- Under fire, CBI blames police for failing to find Aarushi killers - Jan 02, 2011
- Aarushi's parents want to examine CBI report - Jan 02, 2011
- Aarushi's mobile found, handed over to CBI: Delhi Police - Sep 15, 2009
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Fingerprints not used well to solve Aarushi murder' - Jan 06, 2011
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- CBI points finger at Aarushi's parents, but lacks evidence (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011