Delhi Police file charges against two Hizbul militantsNovember 10th, 2009 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 10 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday filed a chargesheet against two suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militants for allegedly planning terror strikes in the capital here ahead of the Independence Day this year.
The special cell of Delhi Police filed the charge sheet in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja, invoking various provisions relating to waging war against the country and other provisions under the Indian Penal Code.
Provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Explosive Substance Act have also been invoked against Javed Ahmed Tantray and Ashiq Ali Bhat.
The court will consider the charge sheet Nov 24.
The Hizbul militants were apprehended from Daryaganj Aug 6 and two hand grenades, two AK-47 assault rifles, four magzines, 120 rounds of bullets and a car were seized from them.
Police have listed 26 witnesses, and charged the duo also with cheating and forgery as they carried fake registration certificate of the seized car.
- Court discharges two accused in organised crime case (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges filed against two - May 15, 2010
- Arrested Hizbul militants met Salahuddin in PoK - Aug 07, 2009
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Charge sheet filed in Delhi against four terrorists - Sep 10, 2012
- Geelani aide moves high court for dropping of charges - Apr 16, 2012
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in 2008 serial bombing case - May 16, 2010
- Kazmi, Iranians named suspects in Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 31, 2012
- Two suspected Hizbul terrorists held in Delhi with weapons - Aug 07, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused given copy charge-sheet - May 20, 2010
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- Four to stand trial for funding Kashmir terror (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Four charged in Kashmir hawala racket - Feb 18, 2012
- Hearing on IAS officer Ravi Inder Singh's bail plea Jan 27 (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: ak 47, ali, ashiq, assault rifles, bullets, code provisions, delhi police, explosive substance, forgery, hand grenades, independence day, indian penal code, javed ahmed, kaveri, magistrate, New Delhi, prevention act, registration certificate, terror strikes