Delhi Police constable’s son shot at in GhaziabadApril 22nd, 2009 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 22 (IANS) The son of a Delhi Police constable was shot at by four men here, police said Wednesday.
The incident occurred around 7 p.m. Tuesday in Farooq Nagar locality of Sahibabad area of Ghaziabad, police said.
Bhagat Singh, 38, son of Jitendra Kasana, a constable in the Delhi Police was at his garment shop when four armed men barged in and got into an altercation with him. One of the men shot Singh in the abdomen, while another shot him in the hand, police said.
Singh was rushed to the hospital, where his condition is said to be critical, police added.
On the complaint of Singh’s brother - Devendra Kasana, a case of attempted murder was registered against the four men who were identified as Dharam Pal, Azad, Pintoo and Ashok - all residents of Dasna area of Ghaziabad, police said.
The police said the accused were yet to be arrested.
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Four of family killed in town near Ghaziabad - Jan 07, 2012
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Kanpur cop dies after being shot inside police station (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Four toll plaza attendants thrashed in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Cop commits suicide on duty - Oct 03, 2011