Delhi Police constable shot deadApril 21st, 2012 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) A Delhi Police constable was found shot dead in his car in a deserted place in the capital, police said Saturday.
Rajender Khatri, who was posted at the Rithala Metro station, was found dead in his Hyundai Accent car in west Delhi’s Karala village around Friday midnight.
Khatri, 35, resided at Punjab Kahore area in Kutubgarh, west Delhi with his wife and family members.
A passerby informed police about the incident.
A police officer said the victim was fired at at least four times as was evident from three bullets embedded in his car while one bullet “pierced his right shoulder leading to his death due to excessive bleeding”.
According to the officer, prima facie it seemed to be a case of personal enmity although the victim’s family members were not aware of any such incident.
The post-mortem report of the victim is awaited and a probe is on into the incident, said the officer.
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Teacher shot dead in capital - Apr 18, 2012
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Delhi youth with criminal background found murdered - Jul 08, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Businessman shot dead in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- Man shot dead in south Delhi - Feb 05, 2011
- Six-year-old killed in Gurgaon - Jul 26, 2012
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- Dikshit expresses shock over auto driver's murder (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- CRPF trooper kills three colleagues, shoots himself - Oct 11, 2010
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: bullets, capital police, delhi police, enmity, family members, hyundai, hyundai accent, karala, khatri, least four times, metro station, New Delhi, passerby, police constable, police officer, post mortem report, west delhi