Delhi police constable commits suicideNovember 13th, 2008 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 13(IANS) A Delhi Police constable allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his house in east Delhi, the police said. Constable Sushil Kumar committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling in his house in New Ashok Nagar area. His wife and two children survive him.
“We received a call at around 3 a.m. when the family members of the deceased found the body of Sushil Kumar, 40, hanging from ceiling. Sushil Kumar was posted as constable with the PCR (Police Control Room) department in New Delhi Range,” said a police official.
“His family told us that he had returned to house at around 9 p.m. Wednesday and had dinner with the family members. After dinner he went to sleep. At around 3 a.m. when his wife, Anita woke up, her husband was not in the room,” the police officer said.
“When she went to the other room, she found him hanging. No suicide note has been recovered,” the police officer added.
The police suspect that he committed suicide due to financial problems.
- Teen commits suicide - Jun 19, 2011
- Two people kill self in outer Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Mother of three commits suicide - Oct 18, 2011
- Man commits suicide over family disputes - Oct 08, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Delhi Police head constable commits suicide - May 18, 2010
- Family dispute leads Delhi resident to suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances - May 19, 2011
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Two men commit suicide in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011