Delhi police bust gang of women snatchersJanuary 10th, 2011 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) Delhi Police said Monday it had busted a gang of women snatchers, nabbing one of them and are now after the other two.The three-women gang was involved in looting and snatching passersby on the lonely stretch of the Ridge Road close to Rajender Nagar, a police officer said Monday.
“These women stopped lone men passing by the road on the pretext of asking for help. Then they looted cash and valuables. If the victim raised alarm, they threatened him saying that they will file sexual abuse case with the police,” a police officer said.
The case came to light when a man named Sunil Bhattacharya was looted on the stretch, said the police.
“Bhattacharya was looted while he was on his way to office. Three women approached him at Shankar Road and asked the way to Karol Bagh. He told them and as soon as he turned around the women snatched his gold chain along with locket and also took out his purse containing Rs.2,800,” he said.
On his complaint police launched an investigation and nabbed a 45-year-old woman from the Ridge Road.
“She has admitted to the crime. We are now after the other two,” the officer said.
- Snatching victim dies in Chandigarh - Jul 16, 2011
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Two women help arrest four criminals in Lucknow - Mar 01, 2012
- British travel advisory on theft, drugs in Goa - Jun 26, 2012
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Delhi duo snatched chains on stolen bikes, nabbed - Feb 09, 2011
- Bag snatcher from Mumbai arrested in walled Delhi - May 08, 2010
- Chain-snatching gang apprehended in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Chain snatchers and their new tricks - Jun 04, 2012
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Three held for looting passengers after offering lifts - Jan 20, 2011