Delhi Police aspirant goes missingJune 8th, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) A 22-year old man who had threatened to commit suicide after failing an exam to get into Delhi Police has gone missing in the capital, police said Friday.
The youth, identified only as Arun, had sent an SMS to his brother threatening to kill himself by jumping into the Yamuna river after failing in the examination.
His slippers were recovered from near the river but his body is yet to be found, said an official.
Arun’s mobile phone remains switched off. Arun’s father works with the Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB) and is posted on the Nepal border.
- Three Chinese held for crossing into India - Jan 19, 2011
- Suicides increase in paramilitary forces - Aug 08, 2012
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012
- Y. S. Dadwal takes charge as Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal - Nov 11, 2010
- South Korean couple held for illegally entering India - Apr 14, 2011
- Three Chinese held for photographing troopers' camps - Jan 18, 2011
- Indian trooper shot at from across Nepal border - Feb 18, 2011
- Nepal villagers try to set Indian border guard ablaze - Dec 09, 2010
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Three more SSB battalions to to be deployed on Nepal border - Aug 30, 2011
- Arrested Chinese sent to 10-day judicial remand - Jan 21, 2011
- One killed, four injured in Bihar as SSB opens fire - May 26, 2012
- Dadwal appointed DG SSB, B.K. Gupta to be Delhi Police Commissioner - Nov 09, 2010
- Four troopers injured in villagers' attack - Apr 11, 2011
- Trooper commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - May 04, 2010