Delhi Police asks hotels, commercial establishments to beef up securityNovember 27th, 2008 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 27 (IANS) Delhi Police Thursday issued advisories to hotels and other commercial establishments to beef up security measures in the wake of the audacious terror attacks in Mumbai in which at least 101 people were killed and 250 injured.”We have placed an unprecedented security net across the capital and an alert has been sounded,” Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat told IANS.
Advisories have been issued to hotels, commercial places and other sites where people gather in large number to remain extra vigilant and report any suspicious article or person to the police, he added.
Bhagat said security has been beefed up at Delhi Metro stations, the airport, railway stations, bus terminals, cinema halls and prominent buildings, while the bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs are making rounds of different areas.
The hotels in the capital are also taking precautionary measures. Visitors are being frisked and all bags being checked. No visitor is being allowed to go up to the rooms without the guest first clearing the visitor.
Delhi Police officials said terror groups have changed their strategy and are now looking for soft targets like hotels and commercial places to create panic and have the maximum impact.
In what is Mumbai’s worst terror attack, at least 101 people, including a foreign tourist and four top police officers, were killed and over 250 injured when terrorists struck in a series of planned and synchronised gunfire and bomb attacks in the heart of India’s financial capital late Wednesday.
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Heavily fortified Delhi gears up for Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Delhi hotels beef up security for Games - Sep 16, 2010
- Strict vigil in capital on I-Day - Aug 15, 2011
- Delhi's Taj hotels up security, but no contact with Mumbai wing (Lead) - Nov 27, 2008
- Fresh terror alerts in Delhi, security beefed up (Roundup) - May 01, 2010
- High alert in Andhra Pradesh after Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Security alert in Kolkata following Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Armed policemen maintain tight vigil in Hyderabad - Apr 30, 2010
- Delhi Police asks people to be vigilant after US advisory - May 01, 2010
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi goes into security overdrive after terror alert (Roundup) - May 02, 2010
- Security stepped up at Delhi High Court - Sep 08, 2011