Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead)December 21st, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) A quarrel over chucking garbage led a Delhi Police assistant sub-inspector (ASI) to pump three bullets into his junior colleague, injuring him critically, in east Delhi Wednesday morning. The accused has been arrested.
The victim Satender Khokar (27), is a Delhi Police head constable working with the 3rd battalion. He was shot at by ASI Ramnath Upadhyay (59). The incident took place around 8.30 a.m. Wednesday in Welcome area of east Delhi.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Sanjay Kumar Jain said the accused has been arrested and the weapon impounded. “A case regarding the incident has been registered and legal procedure in the case has been taken,” added Jain.
The victim received two bullet injuries on his chest and stomach. “He was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he is recuperating and stated to be critical,” said a police official.
The official informed that both the Delhi Police officials are neighbours and live in Chhajjupur area near the Shiva temple street in Welcome area.
According to the official, “they quarrelled over throwing of garbage. This morning when Khokar came out of his house to go for duty, he found garbage outside his house, that is adjacent to the house of one of the ASI’s relatives.”
Khokar loudly told the ASI’s relative not to throw garbage outside his house. Upon this, the ASI, who lives nearby came out of his house. “Some neighbours also gathered there after hearing the heated argument. One of the people pulled out Khokar’s revolver to avoid any unfortunate incident,” said the official.
However, the enraged ASI snatched the revolver from the hand of the person and fired three shots at Khokar.
Khokar was hit in his chest and stomach and one bullet hit the belt. “The accused fled from the spot. One of the neighbours rushed Khokar to GTB hospital,” added the official.
The official said that Khokar lives with his wife Meenu, and two children. Upadhyay has one and a half years left for retirement and for some times he has been getting SIT training at Kingsway camp in Delhi. He was posted as ASI in Adarsh Nagar police station.
A neighbour described the ASI as arrogant and one who would always try to show his clout as he works in Delhi Police.
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Delhi Police official shoots constable - Dec 21, 2011
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi police cop - Mar 12, 2012
- Chhattisgarh police officer accidentally shoots two colleagues - Apr 04, 2010
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi cop (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Businessman shot dead in Assam - May 13, 2012
- Delhi Police officer commits suicide - May 03, 2012
- Delay in police complaint lets accused walk free - Jun 17, 2012
- Businessman's house burgled, burnt, Rs.3 lakh looted - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: 3rd battalion, commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, east delhi, guru teg, head constable, jain, meenu, police assistant, police head, police official, police officials, ramnath, sanjay kumar, shiva temple, temple street, three shots, unfortunate incident, welcome area