Delhi panel gives report to court on school fees hikeAugust 23rd, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) A committee set up to examine the accounts of private schools allegedly charging high tuition fees Thursday submitted its interim report to the Delhi High Court.
The Justice Anil Dev Singh Committee was constituted about a year ago to submit its report on the determination of fees in the unaided schools of Delhi.
A special bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Siddharth Mirdul would hear the case Friday.
The bench July 20 directed the committee to submit a report on the fee hike in unaided private schools in Delhi.
After the implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission, the schools had increased the fees. The court then gave direction for setting up a committee to audit the accounts of each of the schools to ascertain if the hike was required.
The bench authorised the committee to scrutinise the accounts of minority institutions as well.
Delhi has a total of 1,200 unaided schools recognised by the government.
Advocate Ashok Agarwal, appearing for parents, earlier said that if the report was submitted, “it would be of great relief to the exploited parents, as they would be entitled to refund of the excess fee recovered from them by the respective schools”.
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government on panel to examine school fee hike - Sep 02, 2011
- Panel wants 64 schools to refund excess fee - Sep 01, 2012
- Audit panel to submit report of 25 private schools - Jul 03, 2010
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- Panel constituted to examine school fee hike - Sep 25, 2011
- Court summons audit official over report on schools - Mar 29, 2011
- Delhi issues notice to schools on fees hike - Mar 18, 2011
- 25 Delhi schools indicted for lapses in accounts - Mar 17, 2011
- Fill vacant seats for poor students in summer vacations: Court - Apr 20, 2012
- Court orders Ramjas School to roll back tuition fee hike - Dec 05, 2011
- Education department pulled up for 'vague' report on fees - Apr 10, 2010
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Court orders rollback of school fee hike - Jul 20, 2011
- Protest against fee hike in private schools - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: advocate, anil, ashok, bench, chief justice, delhi high court, dev singh, fee hike, implementation, interim report, minority institutions, New Delhi, parents, private schools, school fees hike, schools in delhi, siddharth, tuition fees, unaided schools