Delhi Metro flyover collapses, two deadOctober 19th, 2008 - 10:36 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) At least two people were killed and 25 injured when a part of an under-construction flyover of the Delhi Metro collapsed here Sunday morning, officials said.The accident occurred at around 7 a.m. in Laxmi Nagar locality of east Delhi when a machine aiding in the construction of the over-bridge collapsed, leading to a part of the flyover coming down, a Delhi Metro official said.
A Blueline bus plying on route number 39, one crane of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)and several cars are trapped under the debris of the flyover. Delhi Police has taken over the rescue operation and at least 10 people have been rescued and taken to nearby hospitals, the official added.
“This has happened for the first time in the decade-old history of Delhi Metro. We are asking AFCONS (the private firm in-charge of the segment) about the engineering failure,” the official said.
- Two dead, 30 injured after Delhi Metro flyover collapses (Lead) - Oct 19, 2008
- Two killed in Delhi Metro flyover collapse, probe ordered (Second Lead) - Oct 19, 2008
- Metro Rail pillar falls on auto-rickshaw, injures two in Delhi's Sarita Vihar - Mar 24, 2010
- Delhi Metro bridge collapses, 20 injured - Jul 12, 2009
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, 11 injured (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Six trapped in Delhi roof collapse - Jan 13, 2011
- Delhi Metro bridge collapses; 2 dead, several injured - Oct 19, 2008
- Two killed in Delhi Metro viaduct collapse (Roundup) - Oct 19, 2008
- Building collapses in Ghaziabad - Jul 16, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi building collapse - May 17, 2011
- Mumbai Metro accident: One killed, seven injured - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi Metro bridge collapse, three killed - Jul 12, 2009
- Delhi Metro bridge collapse: road still blocked - Oct 20, 2008