Delhi Metro coach derails, none hurt (Lead)September 13th, 2009 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) A coach of the Delhi Metro derailed near the Yamuna Bank station in east Delhi Sunday morning, leading to temporary disruption of train services, an official said. No injuries were reported.
Two wheels of the front coach of a metro train went off the tracks near the Yamuna Bank station at 6.02 a.m., causing some panic among the passengers. This was the first train service of the day on the Yamuna Bank-Indraprastha-Dwarka line, said an official of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
“Fourteen passengers were travelling in the train at that time and no one was injured. The number of commuters was low as this was the first train service on the route (Yamuna Bank-Indraprastha-Dwarka line),” the official said.
A high-level committee has been constituted to probe the accident and the junior engineer in charge of track maintenance has been suspended, the DMRC spokesperson said.
“Prima facie, the derailment seems to have occurred due to problems related to the track, so the junior engineer in charge of track maintenance has been suspended,” he said.
“The high-level inquiry committee consists of three officers - general manager (maintenance), general manager (rolling stock) and general manager (signalling and telecom) from the Operations and Maintenance Department of the DMRC,” he added.
The accident disrupted metro services between Yamuna bank and Indraprastha.
“The services on the route have been temporarily suspended as metro maintenance teams are engaged in repair work at the site. The services will resume by 11.30 a.m.,” he added.
Metro services between Indraprastha and Dwarka were, however, not affected.
- Delhi Metro coach derails, junior engineer suspended (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2009
- DMRC engineer suspended for train derailment in Delhi - Sep 13, 2009
- Delhi Metro coach derailed, passengers escape unhurt (Lead) - Aug 12, 2009
- Delhi Metro to induct eight-coach trains to ease rush - Jul 15, 2012
- Metro train derails in Delhi - Sep 13, 2009
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Third Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi metro inducts six-coach trains to ease rush (lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro coach derails, passengers escape safe - Aug 12, 2009
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Much-awaited Vaishali line may get delayed - Jul 02, 2011
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, derailment, disruption, dmrc, east delhi, first train, inquiry committee, junior engineer, maintenance department, maintenance teams, metro services, operations and maintenance, rolling stock, spokesperson, track maintenance, train service, train services, two wheels