Delhi mayor against splitting civic agencyApril 28th, 2011 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) The Delhi government’s decision to split the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) into five units is against the interests of the city, Delhi Mayor Rajni Abbi said Thursday.
“We will be soon sending a detailed report to the home ministry questioning why MCD should be split into five divisions. As of now, we are taking an opinion from the law department,” Abbi told IANS.
“The Delhi government’s decision is absolutely against the interests, growth and development of the people of Delhi,” she said.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had earlier ruled out any review of the decision to split the MCD, saying it will lead to a better management of the mammoth civic body.
The MCD is the second-largest municipal body in the world, after Tokyo, and currently covers 97 percent of the area and 98 percent of the population of Delhi.
- MCD trifurcation: Delhi mayor meets Chidambaram - Nov 19, 2011
- Home ministry nod for MCD's trifurcation - Nov 23, 2011
- MCD needs improvement, says new Delhi mayor - Apr 22, 2011
- Political motive behind MCD trifurcation, says mayor - Nov 23, 2011
- Splitting MCD a political move, says Delhi mayor - May 30, 2011
- BJP wins Delhi civic polls, but road ahead not so smooth - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi civic agency to be split into three (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Delhi cabinet clears bill to split MCD - Jun 14, 2011
- Delhi cabinet clears bill to split MCD (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- MCD house rejects agency's division - Aug 05, 2011
- Delhi's new mayor out to clean the capital - Apr 28, 2011
- Delhi's civic corporation to be split into three (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Delhi assembly passes bill to trifurcate MCD - Dec 01, 2011
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
- Trifurcated MCD offers better civic services, says home ministry - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: abbi, better management, chief minister, city delhi, civic body, delhi government, growth and development, home ministry, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, population of delhi, rajni, sheila dikshit, tokyo