Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce casesSeptember 13th, 2012 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) A total of 67,047 cases related to dishonoured cheques were disposed of at Lok Adalats conducted here by Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA), said an annual report released Thursday.
“A total of 67,047 cases of cheque-bounce were settled with a total settlement amount of Rs.34.52 crore,” said the data for the year 2011-12.
Besides cheque-bounce cases, the Lok Adalats disposed of 828 cases of motor accident claims with a total compensation amount of Rs.14 crore, an official of the DLSA said.
The DLSA conducted special Lok Adalats for settling electricity thefts and 3,183 cases involving Rs.10 crore were settled.
- Special Lok Adalat for power theft convened in Delhi - Jan 14, 2012
- 4,793 cases settled at Delhi Lok Adalat - Apr 14, 2012
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalat disposes 7,900 pending cases - Mar 12, 2011
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power cases Jan 14-15 - Jan 09, 2012
- 4,021 cases settled at Lok Adalat in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Kanda's brother gets bail in dud cheque case (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Azhar faces warrant in cheque bounce case - Feb 18, 2012
- Court tells Azhar to pay Rs.15 lakh cost - Mar 07, 2012
- Kanda let off in cheque-bounce case - Aug 27, 2012
- Tripura Lok Adalats clear 640 revenue cases - Apr 22, 2012
- Moily to Pranab: Need funds to dispose of cheque-bouncing cases - May 27, 2010
- Dishonoured cheque cases plague Delhi courts - Dec 09, 2008
- Fresh case registered against Gopal Kanda - Sep 06, 2012