Delhi Lok Adalat disposes 7,900 pending casesMarch 12th, 2011 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) A Lok Adalat (people’s court) organised by the Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) here Saturday disposed more than 7,900 pending cases, including 6,700 related to dishonoured cheques.
Asha Menon, DLSA member secretary, said: “In this Lok Adalat, all kinds of matters were taken up pending in various district courts of Delhi.”
About 90 percent of the cases taken up in the Lok Adalat were disposed.
“A total of 82 benches were constituted. Huge backlog of cases of various nature have been of great concern to everyone and this Lok Adalat was yet another measure adopted to decrease the pendency,” said Menon.
As many as 83 motor accident claim cases have been disposed. The compensation amount awarded was more than Rs.1.53 lakh. All these cases have been settled finally and there would be no further appeal.
The DLSA has done this under the guidance of its Patron-in-Chief and Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Justice Dipak Misra and its Executive Chairman Justice Vikramajit Sen of the high court.
The Lok Adalat was organised in all the six district court complexes of Delhi.
In addition to the pending cases, 35 cases, pertaining to various banks and financial institutions, at the pre-litigation stage in courts were also disposed in the Lok Adalat, said Menon.
- 4,793 cases settled at Delhi Lok Adalat - Apr 14, 2012
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power theft convened in Delhi - Jan 14, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power cases Jan 14-15 - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce cases - Sep 13, 2012
- 4,021 cases settled at Lok Adalat in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- 500 Delhi kids missing for past one year, court told - Jan 19, 2011
- Tripura Lok Adalats clear 640 revenue cases - Apr 22, 2012
- Need to spread awareness on lok adalats: Chief Justice Misra - Oct 18, 2010
- Will miss Delhi High Court: Chief Justice Dipak Misra - Oct 05, 2011
- Court asks police to take action on missing children - Sep 08, 2010
- Government seeks details on pending cases in high courts - Sep 13, 2010
- 56,383 cases pending in Supreme Court - Dec 19, 2011
- Over 2.79 crore cases pending in Delhi trial courts - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: asha menon, backlog, benches, chief justice, court justice, delhi high court, dipak, district courts of delhi, dlsa, executive chairman, financial institutions, litigation, lok adalat, member secretary, misra, motor accident claim, New Delhi, patron, pendency, rs 1