Delhi likely to face fresh cold waveJanuary 19th, 2009 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) After a few days of rising temperatures, Delhi is likely to experience a fresh spell of cold weather this week, meteorological officials said Monday. “The temperature was increasing last week following western disturbances, which are almost over now. The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to plummet this week following westerly winds blowing over the capital,” said an official at the Safdarjung meteorological office.
On Monday, the minimum temperature in the capital settled at 12.9 degrees Celsius, which was six notches above average. The maximum temperature was 24.8 degrees Celsius. The fog stayed.
“The visibility at the airport was much below the required 750 metres thus delaying departure and arrival of several domestic and international flight at the Indira Gandhi International airport,” an airport official said.
Several inbound trains from various parts of the country were running several hours behind schedule due to fog.
The capital received 5.6 mm of rainfall Sunday.
The weather officials have forecast a three to four degrees drop in temperature in the coming days, coupled with fog in the morning.
- Heavy rains lash capital on I-Day (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Rains cool Delhi, more showers likely - Aug 17, 2011
- Delhi has clear skies, light rain expected Tuesday (lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi with some rain, more expected Tuesday (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, showers ahead - Sep 08, 2012
- Chilly, bright morning in Delhi - Mar 05, 2011
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
- Rain likely in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Mercury dips as monsoon arrives in Delhi (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several places - Aug 01, 2012
- Some Delhi areas see rain (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 23, 2012