Delhi legislator’s attackers sent to police custodyJune 4th, 2012 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Four people arrested for the shooting of Delhi legislator Bharat Singh were sent to six days in police custody by a Delhi court Monday.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav sent Vikas Dagar, 28, Kuldeep Mittal, 26, Sumeet Singh, 28, and Virender Sehrawat, 23, who were arrested Saturday evening from Kishangarh in south Delhi, to police custody till June 10.
“Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, the investigating officer has been able to make out a good case for grant of police custody of all four accused persons for a period of six days,” the court said.
The police while seeking the remand of the accused people told the court that their custody was needed to unearth the motive behind the conspiracy.
Bharat Singh, 35, an independent legislator elected from Najafgarh, was Saturday shot near his office in Najafgarh’s Sarangpur village allegedly by the four accused. The legislator’s uncle, Dharampal, was also injured. Singh was immediately operated upon and is now out of danger, doctors said.
“It was Dagar and his family’s personal rivalry with the legislator that led Dagar, along with his three friends, to attack the legislator,” Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta told reporters Sunday.
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- Three more held for shooting Delhi legislator - Jun 05, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Security of Delhi legislators to be tightened: Dikshit - Jun 02, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Legislator shot at in Delhi - Jun 02, 2012
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Accused in Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run gets bail - May 15, 2012
- Radhika's killer sent to four days' police custody (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Jaipur shootout: Four cops sent to five days' CBI custody - Mar 12, 2011
- Bishnoi seeks judicial probe into police 'atrocities' (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2010
- BMW case: Police plea for test identification rejected - May 17, 2012
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: attackers, bharat, dagar, delhi court, delhi police, k gupta, kishangarh, legislator, magistrate, mittal, New Delhi, personal rivalry, police commissioner, police custody, remand, saturday evening, six days, south delhi, three friends, virender