Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council’s callJuly 11th, 2012 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) City lawyers Wednesday joined the two-day strike called by the Bar Council of India (BCI) to protest a proposed legislation that could affect its autonomy and the entry of foreign law institutes and universities in the country.
The strike has paralysed functioning of six district courts in Delhi, R.N. Vats, chairman of Delhi district courts bar association co-ordination committee and president of Delhi Bar Association, told IANS. The city lawyers have gone on strike on the call of the BCI, Vats said.
“The lawyers of all six district courts of Delhi will not work Wednesday and Thursday to support the protest,” said Vats.
The strike has paralysed the court proceedings in the six district courts complexes at Patiala House, Tis Hazari, Rohini, Dwarka, Saket and Karkardooma.
Shahdara Bar Association president R.K. Jain said the lawyers will not work these two days in total support of the BCI demands.
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Nationwide lawyers' strike badly hits court proceedings (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Officials summoned over child workers in court complexes - Jan 04, 2012
- Lawyers strike hits court work on day two - Jul 12, 2012
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Saket court complex misses more deadliines - Jul 09, 2010
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Court issues notice to Delhi government on child labour - Oct 13, 2011
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- 41,827 decade-old cases pending in Delhi courts - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: association president, autonomy, bar council of india, bci, city lawyers, court proceedings, delhi lawyers, district courts of delhi, dwarka, law institutes, New Delhi, ordination, proposed legislation, r k jain, rohini, saket, tis hazari, universities, vats