Delhi lawyers form new welfare councilJuly 30th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Delhi lawyers have formed a coordination council to deal with their fraternity’s issues related to housing, insurance and creation of a welfare fund, a lawyer said Monday.
The new council would represent all the seven bar associations including that of the Supreme Court, the high court, district courts and tribunals, including the Central Administrative Tribunal.
The council has 52 office bearers representing the different bar associations.
Rajiv Jai, president of the New Delhi Bar Association based at the Patiala House district courts, and Saqib Qureshi, vice-president of Karkardooma district courts, have been appointed as the council’s chairman and secretary general.
“Our main job will be to look after the advocates’ welfare issues such as housing, insurance and medical claims. We will create a welfare fund for the lawyers,” said Jai.
He said that he would take up the issues related to stamp duty, court fee, preservation of powers of the Bar Council of India and bar councils of states with appropriate authorities.
Jai added that they had requested the Bar Council of India to take the bar associations in confidence before negotiations with the authorities on various issues.
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi lawyers to strike work Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi bar council - Mar 07, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Lawyers strike hits court work on day two - Jul 12, 2012
- Lawyers strike work opposing service tax - Jul 09, 2009
- Saket court complex misses more deadliines - Jul 09, 2010
- 1.4 lakh Maharashtra, Goa lawyers join all-India strike (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- Delhi lawyers strike work against bills (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- I-cards, welfare fund proposed for lawyers' clerks - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: advocates, authorities, bar associations, bar council of india, central administrative tribunal, coordination council, courts and tribunals, delhi lawyers, district courts, fraternity, jai, medical claims, negotiations, New Delhi, new welfare, rajiv, secretary general, welfare council, welfare fund, welfare issues