Delhi hijack drama: Unruly passenger seeks bailFebruary 5th, 2009 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) Jitender Kumar Mohala, arrested for his alleged aggressive behaviour aboard an IndiGo flight from Goa to Delhi that caused a mid-air hijack scare, Thursday moved a court here for bail and the plea will be heard Friday.In his bail plea moved through advocate H.S. Phoolka, Mohala said he was falsely implicated in the case and he was not directly involved in the incident.
Delhi Police had arrested Mohala under the Indian Penal Code’s sections 336 (endangering life or personal safety of others) and 506 (criminal intimidation), as well as under the provisions of the Civil Aviation Act, 1982.
He is presently in judicial custody till Feb 16.
Mohala, a 42-year-old charted accountant from Dwarka subcity here, and fellow passengers Harpreet Anand and Samir Uppal were detained by the security agencies Sunday evening for their allegedly aggressive actions on board.
Anand and Uppal were let off after questioning.
Mohala’s allegedly aggressive behaviour forced the pilot of the IndiGo flight E644 to sound a hijack alert, leading to a scare and panic at the Delhi airport. The plane made an emergency landing and was kept in isolation for two-and-a-half hours.
- Passenger behind plane hijack scare arrested, jailed (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Passenger behind hijack scare arrested, jailed - Feb 02, 2009
- What led to mid-air hijack scare on IndiGo flight - Feb 02, 2009
- IndiGo says passenger safety its mission - Jan 09, 2012
- IndiGo defends itself, says passenger safety paramount (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- IndiGo flight passenger's hoax creates midair scare - Jul 23, 2009
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- IndiGo to launch six new flights from April 20 - Apr 18, 2012
- IndiGo launches seven new flights - Feb 01, 2011
- IndiGo to fly to Coimbatore from Nov 30 - Nov 19, 2010
- IndiGo to expand global operations from Mumbai - Sep 30, 2011
- IndiGo launches five new domestic flights - Dec 23, 2011
- IndiGo to launch four flights connecting Indore - Mar 30, 2011
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- Airbus lands record order from Indian Airliner Indigo - Jan 12, 2011