Delhi High Court urged to let all reappear at AIEEEMay 5th, 2011 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) The mother of a girl student, who appeared in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), Wednesday appealed to the Delhi High Court that all students who took the test be allowed to sit in the re-examination May 11.
Schailka Tyagi, mother of student Manisha Tyagi, filed the petition in the court of Justice Kailash Gambhir.
Of the 12 lakh students who registered for AIEEE, about 40,000 will give the exam May 11.
On Sunday, the national-level examination to determine entry to engineering colleges across the country was delayed by nearly three hours after the paper was allegedly leaked in Uttar Pradesh and sold for Rs.6 lakh each.
At many centres, the examination was cancelled and many students could not appear as the new timings clashed with the Armed Forces Medical College entrance examination.
The petitioner said that all students should be eligible to re-appear “because they were mentally disturbed due to delay in exam”.
“Many students were harried as they had been standing in the sun for long. There were a lot of rumours. This is not a conducive atmosphere for such an important exam,” said the petition.
The court has posted the matter for hearing May 5.
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- Online entrance test planned for budding engineers - Nov 22, 2010
- High Court refuses to stay engineering exam results - May 18, 2011
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011
- Can't deny education to students on bonafide mistakes: Court - Aug 04, 2012
- All India engineering exam results declared - May 29, 2010
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- CBSE gears up for all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 26, 2012
- High court asks centre, CCB to file reply on seats allotment in AIEEE - Sep 24, 2010
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- Engineering, architecture entrance test postponed - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: aieee, armed forces medical, armed forces medical college, college entrance examination, conducive atmosphere, court of justice, delhi high court, engineering colleges, gambhir, girl student, india engineering, kailash, manisha, mother of a girl, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, rs 6, rumours, standing in the sun