Delhi High Court rejects Utsav Bhasin’s bail pleaJanuary 9th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday rejected the bail plea of Utsav Bhasin, the teenaged son of a Haryana industrialist who is accused of mowing down a man with his BMW car in south Delhi. Justice Veena Birbal dismissed the bail plea of 19-year-old Bhasin, saying the rejection was based on initial evidence that he ran away from the spot and that his car was damaged.
“Taking into account the gravity of the case, his conduct and the fact that the case is at an initial stage, the accused does not deserve to be granted bail,” the judge said.
The accident took place on Sep 11 last year when Bhasin, driving a BMW car, hit two men on a motorcycle around 2.40 a.m. near Moolchand flyover in south Delhi.
One of the two victims died later.
Bhasin approached the high court Nov 18, after the trial court refused to grant him bail and dismissed his petition Nov 6.
- Police get notice on BMW crash accused Bhasin's bail plea - Nov 18, 2008
- Court reserves order on bail plea of BMW hit-and-run accused - Nov 25, 2008
- Bhasin alleges delay on bail plea in BMW hit-and-run case - Dec 03, 2008
- Second BMW case: Court rejects Utsav Bhasin's bail plea - Sep 26, 2008
- From one BMW hit-and-run accused to another: Congrats! - Jul 21, 2009
- No relief for accused in second BMW hit-and-run - Sep 23, 2008
- Second BMW case: Utsav Bhasin sent to jail - Sep 28, 2008
- Court extends custody of Utsav Bhasin in BMW hit-and-run case - Nov 21, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run: High court reserves order on Utsav's bail plea - Sep 24, 2008
- BMW case: Charges filed against Utsav Bhasin - Nov 01, 2008
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- BMW accused Bhasin's fresh bail plea rejected - Nov 06, 2008
- Utsav Bhasin denied bail in BMW case - Oct 06, 2008
- Utsav Bhasin's judicial custody extended in BMW case - Oct 10, 2008
- Delhi Court rejects bail plea of Utsav in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 18, 2008