Delhi High Court pulls up metropolitan magistrateApril 11th, 2008 - 10:59 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 11 (IANS) The Delhi High court Friday pulled up a metropolitan magistrate (MM) for not using his “judicial powers” efficiently. Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul pulled up the magistrate and said: “Judicial powers identify the strength of the judiciary and should not be misused”.
The strong strictures came after the magistrate issued a non-bailable warrant against two women who failed to appear before the court on the given date.
The two women were booked by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for carrying out some illegal construction in 2001 and were out on bail.
The duo moved the high court asking for a relief by cancelling the warrants issued against them.
The high court not only quashed the warrants, but also advised the magistrate to use his judicial powers properly.
- Petitions against Scheduled Caste seats in MCD polls dismissed (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Plea against Scheduled Caste, woman seats in MCD polls dismissed (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Non-bailable warrant against Azharuddin - Mar 01, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Azhar faces warrant in cheque bounce case - Feb 18, 2012
- Delhi poll panel gets notice on MCD elections - Feb 03, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Charge sheet filed in Delhi against four terrorists - Sep 10, 2012
- Court tells Azhar to pay Rs.15 lakh cost - Mar 07, 2012
- Warrants against five in 1981 plane hijacking - Aug 31, 2012
- Court reserves order on MCD polls (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Verdict on reservation in MCD polls Wednesday - Feb 28, 2012
- MCD asked for report on sealing drive - Apr 02, 2011
- Set up committee to prevent waterlogging, says high court - Aug 28, 2012