Delhi High Court lifts stay on release of ‘Sorry Bhai’November 27th, 2008 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 27 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday cleared the release of Bollywood film “Sorry Bhai”, lifting the stay after its producers agreed to delete a contentious song.The film was scheduled to be released Friday.
The court Wednesday stayed the release of the film till Dec 8 following a complaint by singer Rabbi Shergill that one of the film’s songs was copied from a composition from his album ‘Avengi Ja Nahi’.
The film will release Friday as originally scheduled subject to deletion of the particular song and the music related to the song from the film.
“Sorry Bhai” has the punch line “Come, fall in love with your brother’s bride”. It stars Sanjay Suri, Sharman Joshi and Chitrangada Singh in lead roles, supported by Shabana Azmi and Boman Irani.
- Court stays release of 'Sorry Bhai' - Nov 26, 2008
- 'Sorry Bhai' - a breezy love triangle (Film Review - Rating: ***) - Nov 28, 2008
- 'Munni' Rocks To Munni Badnaam - Sep 21, 2010
- Women my age having a ball in Bollywood: Shabana Azmi (Interview) - Oct 22, 2008
- I'm humbled, says Shabana after Padma Bhushan - Jan 25, 2012
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- Believe in good story, not stars: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - May 08, 2012
- Vidhu's best yet to come: Anil Kapoor - Mar 30, 2012
- Hope 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' gets positive response: Sharman - May 08, 2012
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra apologises for delays in his films - May 09, 2012
- Abhishek's 'Game' to release on Fools' Day - Jan 28, 2011
- Sharman humbled by praise, success - Jun 18, 2012
- Terror strikes hit new releases in Mumbai - Dec 01, 2008
- Working with Aamir Khan is a treat: Sharman Joshi - Dec 06, 2008
- 'Ferrari..' has its moments of fine sawaari (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 16, 2012