Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statementMay 2nd, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) Amir Abbas Dev, an accused in the 2011 Delhi High Court blast case, recorded his statement before a magistrate Wednesday in an in-camera proceeding, sources said.
Dev’s statement was recorded under section 164 Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) under which it could be used as evidence against him during trial.
Sources said that the statement of Dev was recorded under the direction of National Investigation Agency (NIA) Special Judge H.S. Sharma.
The statements recorded by a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC bind an accused and any U-turn during the trial would make him liable for prosecution for perjury.
Special Judge Sharma, in an in-camera proceeding, listed for May 9 the hearing on Dev’s plea seeking to turn approver in the case, sources said.
The application of Dev was moved by his counsel Ravi Kazi in March.
Dev and another accused Wasim Akram Malik are in judicial custody. Both of them were arrested in September 2011.
The NIA alleged that Dev sent a mail regarding the responsibility of the terror attack.
The probe agency filed its charge sheet in the case March 13 against six people, including a minor, for alleged involvement in blast case.
The Sep 7, 2011 blast outside the reception counter at gate number 5 of the high Court killed 15 people and injured 80.
- Delhi blast accused's plea to be heard May 1 - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Two days' judicial custody for Delhi blast suspect - Oct 05, 2011
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- Reports suggest Swami Aseemanand's role in 2007 terror attacks - Jan 07, 2011
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- Kishtwar student sent to NIA custody till Oct 7 - Sep 23, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Aseemanand sent to judicial custody till Jan. 27 - Jan 13, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Swami Aseemanand produced before Panchkula court - Jan 13, 2011
- Samjhauta blasts: Aseemanand gets 14-day judicial remand - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: abbas, amir, crpc, delhi high court, investigation agency, judicial custody, kazi, magistrate, mail, national investigation, New Delhi, perjury, plea, proceeding, prosecution, reception counter, special judge, terror attack, u turn, wasim akram