Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reservedAugust 24th, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) A special court has reserved for Sep 4 the order on framing charges against the man arrested for his alleged involvement in the 2011 Delhi High Court blast that killed 15 people.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) Special Judge H.S. Sharma, in a recently-pronounced ruling, reserved the order on framing of charges against the arrested accused, Wasim Akram Malik, for Sep 4.
The NIA in March this year filed a charge sheet against six accused, including a minor. Malik and another accused, Amir Abbas Dev, were arrested in Sep 2011 and are in judicial custody.
Amir Ababs Dev has turned approver in the case.
The other accused in the case are Malik’s brother and alleged Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Junaid Akram Malik, Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz, and Amir Kamal. They are yet untraced and on the run.
Earlier media reports said that Junaid Malik and Amir Kamal died, while Chota Hafiz was untraced and on the run.
“Wasim Malik, an avid internet user, is one of those leaderless jehadis who conspired with the terrorists of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and other outfits and executed this cowardly and inhuman terrorist action,” NIA said.
The investigation agency booked the accused under sections dealing with criminal conspiracy, waging war against the state, conspiracy to wage war against the country, murder and attempt to murder among other charges.
They are also charged under the Explosive Substances Act and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Fifteen people were killed and 79 injured in the Sep 7, 2011, blast outside Gate No.5 of the Delhi High Court complex.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- NIA seeks stricter charges against Delhi blast accused - Sep 18, 2012
- Delhi blast accused's plea to be heard May 1 - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statement - May 02, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: abbas, akk, amir kamal, asian news, criminal conspiracy, delhi hc, delhi high court, explosive substances, hafiz, internet user, investigation agency, judicial custody, junaid, malik, national investigation, prevention act, shakir, special judge, terrorist action, wage war