Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accusedSeptember 4th, 2012 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) A special court here Tuesday found prima facie evidence against a man arrested for his alleged involvement in the 2011 Delhi High Court blast in which 15 people were killed, sources said.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) Special Judge H.S. Sharma, during the in-camera proceedings, found prima facie evidence against Wasim Akram Malik, sources said.
The court found sufficient evidence against Malik under penal provisions dealing with criminal conspiracy, murder and attempt to murder and various terror charges, the sources said.
The court fixed Sep 18 for order on the framing of charges against Malik, who is in judicial custody.
The NIA in March filed a charge sheet against six accused, including a minor. Malik and another accused, Amir Abbas Dev, were arrested in September 2011.
Amir Abbas Dev has turned approver in the case and is in judicial custody.
The other accused in the case are Malik’s brother and alleged Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Junaid Akram Malik, Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz and Amir Kamal. They are on the run.
“Wasim Malik, an avid internet user, is one of those leaderless jehadis who conspired with the terrorists of Hizbul Mujahideen and other outfits and executed this cowardly and inhuman terrorist action,” the NIA said.
Fifteen people were killed and 79 others injured in the Sep 7, 2011 blast outside Gate No.5 of the high court complex.
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statement - May 02, 2012
- Delhi blast accused's plea to be heard May 1 - Apr 18, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- NIA seeks stricter charges against Delhi blast accused - Sep 18, 2012
- Blast case accused Kashmiri boy released for exam - Feb 16, 2012
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: abbas, alias, amir kamal, criminal conspiracy, delhi hc, delhi high court, hafiz, internet user, investigation agency, judicial custody, junaid, malik, national investigation, New Delhi, penal provisions, prima facie evidence, shakir, special judge, terror charges, terrorist action